Friday, August 8, 2014
Simply Baked Macaroni and Cheese
3 1/2 C - Milk
6 TB - Flour
3/4 Stick of Butter
4 C - Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
5 Cups - Macaroni (cooked)
1. Prepare the cheese sauce mixture. In a sauce pan, melt the butter on the stove over medium heat.
2. Combine the flour and milk. Mix until the flour is dissolved and then add into the sauce pan.
3. Once the mixture begins to steam, gradually add in 3 cups of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
4. Stir occasionally until the mixture thickens. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
5. Combine the cooked macaroni and sauce into a greased casserole dish (9x13 inch).
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Spinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Have a great weekend and check back with us on Sunday, when we will let you know what events/festivals are happening around Tennessee for the next weekend. If you missed this weekend's list, you can find the post on our blog from this past Sunday, August 03, 2014!