Cheddar and Ale SoupIngredients:
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 24 ounce can Guinness stout or other dark beer
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 loaf cubed French bread
- 2 large sweet onions, minced finely
- Black pepper to taste
- In large non-stick pot, bring the beer to a rolling boil.
- Add in the onions and shredded cheese. Mix well to blend.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and stir constantly until blended and thickened.
- Season the soup with black pepper to taste.
- In oven-safe baker, place cubed bread under broiler until toasted. Season with salt and pepper if desired.