Ingredients you will need, as well as a LARGE bowl for serving
- 14 ripe peaches
- 2 store bought pound cakes
- 1 quart whipping cream
- Agave nectar
- Mount Gay Barbados Rum (darker is best, but light will do as well)
- Prepare a quart of whipping cream in stand mixer with 1/4 cup of dark agave nectar for sweetener. Set aside.
- Dice up 2 pound cakes from the bakery section into cubes. Set aside.
- Halve and pit 14 large ripe peaches. Leave skin on.
- In large skillet, add 1 cup Mount Gay barbados rum. Heat to simmer.
- Place peach halves skin up in the rum. Cover and simmer for 10 mins. Remove peach halves and repeat until all are cooked.
- Dice the cooked peaches. Set aside, reserving the cooking liquid from the skillet.
- In a large bowl, layer cubes of pound cake. Top with a generous layer of whipped cream, and then a layer of peaches. Repeat the steps, finishing with a layer of peaches atop the cream.
- Pour the reserved cooled liquid down the side of the bowl so the cake will absorb it.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving. Serve chilled with tea or coffee.
Follow Lydia's culinary pursuits at http://honeywhatsfordinner.tumblr.com and her fashion exploits at http://cville-main-event.tumblr.com! You can also find her on Twitter @cvillemainevent & @freelanceevent1 and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/your.main.event & http://www.facebook.com/LydiaDittrichsPamperedChef Happy cooking!