Simply Cotton Candy Cupcakes
You Will Need:1 box of white cake mix plus the eggs and oil it calls for
Red and blue food coloring
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
2 Tbs. cold milk
1 pound confectioner's sugar
- Prepare the cake mix as directed and tint it lilac with the red and blue food coloring.
- Pour the batter into cupcake molds and bake as directed.
- While cakes are baking, combine 1 stick of butter and 1 pound confectioner's sugar.
- Beat briskly for 3 to 5 minutes, adding the cold milk gradually until frosting consistency is reached.
- Tint the frosting light blue with the remaining dye.
- In small saucepan on LOW heat, cook the sugar with NO liquid until you notice a warmed caramel smell. Crystals should still be intact but appear darker.
- After the cupcakes are cooled and frosted, liberally sprinkle the carmelized sugar over the tops.