Today being the fourth of July, I figured that every working woman needed a last minute dessert for that company picnic in your future. One of my favorite product lines in the Pampered Chef stable is their stoneware. The unglazed baking surfaces quickly and evenly cook a variety of entrees and desserts, all without turning on your oven! And what better sales pitch can you say than that in July’s heat?
The company’s recipe uses the Deep Covered Baker (a host favorite), but for my family, I used the Round Covered Baker ($49) and got the same delicious results! To order your stoneware, visit my website www.pamperedchef.biz/lydiadittrich today! Every purchase comes with a FREE cookbook!
Quick Fudgy Brownies (source: www.pamperedchef.com/recipes)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter (1½ sticks)
- 4 oz (125 g) unsweetened chocolate for baking
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Double-Strength Vanilla
- 2 bars (2 oz/60 g each) chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy (¾ cup/175 mL coarsely chopped)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place pecans into Deep Covered Baker. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring every 30 seconds. Set pecans aside in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Cut butter and chocolate into pieces using Santoku Knife; place into Small Batter Bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl using (7-in./18-cm) Strainer.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk using Stainless Whisk.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Fold in flour mixture until incorporated using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.
- Pour batter into baker.
|Did You Know? Chocolate Melts at 98.6 degrees|
|Once it's cooked, serve in the dish for a great presentation|
Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are firm. Meanwhile, coarsely chop pecans using Food Chopper. Cut candy bars into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces. Top brownies with pecans and candy pieces. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 9 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 3 g
Cook’s Tips: Any candy bar can be substituted for the chocolate-covered caramel-peanut candy bars, if desired.
For best results, use a microwave oven with a built-in turntable.